Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I ran the Self Clean on my Jenn Air oven and when the cycle…

I ran the Self...

I ran the Self Clean on my Jenn Air oven and when the cycle was finished, the fan wouldn't shut off. I tried flipping the breaker, hitting Cancel, and even starting a bake cycle. When I try to set it to bake, it acts like it's already preheated, but won't heat up.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a sec and I'll look.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's a double oven model #WW30430P, serial number 10977568WQ

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just thought there might be some secret "reset" code. I know dishwashers have that sometimes.

3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The ran is running because the oven thinks it's still hot inside the oven. That's also why it won't preheat since it thinks the oven is already warm. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc