Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fwf3801lw5 washer On washer start, the washer starts to fill…

Customer Question
fwf3801lw5 washer On washer start, the...
fwf3801lw5 washer
On washer start, the washer starts to fill for 3 seconds then stops. the washer error code is e5e. I checked the wiring it looked and tested good. I ran the diagnostic test, 1 click 2 click & 3 click , water runs for 3 seconds stops. 5 clicks 6 clicks nothing. I have already changed the main control board & the motor control board. ???
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I find no model number of fwf3801lw5

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model # fafw3801lw5 sorry
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven' heard back for about an hour or so . do you have any ideas??
Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi I'm Gavin, I've seen this fault before do you still need help resolving?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i still need help

No problem

So so far you've changed 2 boards. Which section of wiring have you checked?

and when you say you it tests ok did you test with a multimeter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tested with a fluke .I tested the wiring harness between the two boards. 5 wires for continuity

was that just using the beep setting or actual resistances?

Have you taken the resistances of the motor

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On testing the harness I used the beep. I also tested the motor with the resistance of 5.2 ohms for all three readings.

It's worth checking the harness resistance as well. If you have already replaced the pcb's and get those resistances on the motor you've either got a faulty board or faulty wiring. The only other thing I can think of is that you have to erase the fault code from the memory but that shouldn't be the case with a new board

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked the resistance and l wires read .1 ohms on all wires. Is there any other sensors that would do this?
John, Home Appliance Technician