Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice machine stopped making ice. Model KFXS25RYMS2. IT'S…

The ice machine stopped...

The ice machine stopped making ice.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model KFXS25RYMS2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IT'S about 4-5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What do you think the problem is?

3/9/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

if you feel in top of the ice maker in the cube cavities do you have any water or ice in the cube cavities at this time?

no

ok so to be sure your saying that the ice maker cube cavities are in fact empty no water nor ice is that correct?

that is correct.
would changing the water filter help?

no changing the water filter will NOT help.

Does the chilled water dispenser properly from the door dispenser?

the water dispenser works properly

ok your unit has a dual water inlet valve one solenoid for the chilled water the second solenoid for the ice maker .

The most likely issue is the ice maker solenoid has failed .

And the entire water inlet valve assembly will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

this is the water inlet valve that is located behind the rear interior wall panel in the fresh food section on the right side .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

thank you ; will try this.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech