Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I noticed my kenmore upright freezer with electronic

Customer Question
I noticed my kenmore...

I noticed my kenmore upright freezer with electronic controls was down to -12 . I wanted to raise back to around 0. It now flashes what appears to be 0 FF. It looks like “off” but I cannot be sure. It may be zero, FF.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

S a 10 cubic foot upright model is 253.28432804. It is around 4 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I just need to know how to reset the electronic panel on the door. What does that code mean? Will my freezer now not work properly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

0 FF does mean that the freezer turned off. You should just need to press and hold the up and down buttons at the same time for 10 seconds and that turns the freezer back on. If that doesn't work, press the freezer down button 5 times rapidly or hold the down button for 5 seconds. One of them should get the freezer to function normally again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I will give it a try.

ok sounds good.