Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just replaced the mother board (WR55X10942) on my

pfs22sisbss GE refer after guidance...
Just replaced the mother board (WR55X10942) on my pfs22sisbss GE refer after guidance here. The display powers up and I can hear the fan operating in the feezer, however, I can hear the compressor try to kick on for one second and then stop...then again 30 seconds or so later. The instructions spoke about cutting a wire to the capicitor in the back of the fridge but I don't think my model has that so I didn't. Am I missing something or is this normal? Current temp in freezer is 30 degrees and I have fridge on Turbo Cool
3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately you have another issue. Your compressor is overloading and cutting out. That could have been what shorted out your mother board, but this could be quite a big problem. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

oy yuy yuy...ok. It does seem to be cooling though

Maybe somewhat, but it won't cool well and could short out the board again if it continues.

Pulling panel now

ok

Pulled it. Not rattling per say but I can gently hear what’s sounds like a metal contact touching on and off when I shake it but rattle seems like a strong word for it as I was expecting the rattle to sound like a marble in a box. Thoughts?

Hard to say for certain, but I'd replace the overload relay because if it's the compressor it wouldn't be worth fixing most likely. It costs about $700 to replace the compressor. The overload relay you can replace yourself.

What part number(s) are those?

The overload relay is part number WR07X10097

Ok. Is that all I need or do I need the other part attached to the side of the compressor. Looks like it is two pieces

yep thats both pieces, not the capacitor.

Roger that

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc