Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher Mod KUDSVWH4 suddenly stopped brining water into…

Dishwasher Mod KUDSVWH4 suddenly...

Dishwasher Mod KUDSVWH4 suddenly stopped brining water into the machine. Control panel appears normal, just no water. Water supply is as always, no issue there.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchenaide Mod KUDS301VWH4, Have not run diagnostic. Didn't think to look since I can't find the owner's manual.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I installed the machine myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time. Will go to Kitchen site and pull manual off their site.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Do you hear the valve humming or buzzing from the left front corner when the cycle is started?
  • Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?
Just a sec, have to ask my wife about hum or buzz. Yes, have a multi-meter.
ok, just started the machine. Sound of water coming in, faint hum, no water getting into the wash compartment.

Okay, sounds from left front corner at the bottom?

Right front, bottom as I can tell. Built in, sounds are not always specific to location.

Can you remove the lower access panel so we can test the valve voltage?

more info: The cycle that failed had no water in the machine, even though the cycle had gone all the way through to the dry cycle.
Will take a few minutes to get the panel off.

Sure, let me know when you get it off and we can test that valve.

Access panel is off, but, brown plastic cover with insulation is btwn me and the valve.

That is just the sound shield, it should pull out. See number 15 below.

CLICK HERE

OK, sound shield is out.

If you start the dishwasher. and feel the valve, does it vibrate or buzz at all?

Nothing. Assuming the valve to be behind the roughly 3" square stamped metal cover with electrical hazard warning.
found schematic inside the lower front cover.

It is on the left side right in the front, kind of tucked up by the frame. You will see the water line going to it. If you open the door, in the right front corner is the float. If you lift it up and down, do you hear the switch clicking?

Can feel water passing through the valve but no real hum or buzz, seems to be line pressure only. Lifting the float does not produce clicks.

Hmm, water seems to be passing but yet the tub is not getting any water?

That's illogical but water line to vsvle is warm indicating hot water is getting there.

It sounds like the valve is plugged. There is a screen inside that can get plugged, stopping water from passing as designed. I suspect that is what you have happening. I would replace that valve. No matter what the issue with it is, we know it is getting power and water, so it has to be a valve failure.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, thanks for your help. New valve ordered.

You are very welcome, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician