Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag washer mvwb835dw1 and the top control panel…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag washer mvwb835dw1 and the top control panel does not light up... the power outlet is hot and when opening up the back of the control panel there is a small green light that is flashing.... when I unplugged the machine and waited the green light stays on for a short time and then powers off... when I plug the machine back in there is a small popping sound , the green light in the back of the control panels begins to blink again but there is no lights on the front of the unit

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The unit is 1 1/2 years old... mvwb835dw1 is the model number with SER C63473722

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if the repairs are pretty straight forward

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I believe that the first statement has the information

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

When you had the unit unplugged did you have it unplugged for 5 minutes or more?

To reboot the electronic control board the unit has to be unplugged for 5 minutes .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had it unplugged for a period of greater than 5 minutes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No additional information

I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

So if you had it unplugged for over 5 minutes and when you powered it back on , the display control panel has no light or operation .

You have a faulty electronic control board .

And it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech
Master Tech