Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool washer dryer stacked combo, model

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool washer dryer stacked combo, model LT7100XVW0 where the washer timer is not functioning (time not advancing but systems function). Is there are repair manual for this model?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I provided the model number. would a serial number help to date the model? I believe it is late 1980's vintage.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you need a serial nunber?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

ok so if the timer is not advancing you have a bad timer motor and the timer assembly will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Is there are repair manual (instructions) that cover the removal of the old timer and installation of the new one?

no unfortunately the unit is so old that the manufacturer no longer supports it with any literature.

But on the control panel you have a screw on each side if you loosen the screws it pulls down the control panel locking tabs and then the control panel will drop down .

You then just remove the washer timer knob (unscrew it ) anthe dail and you have two screws from the front that hold the old timer in place.

And the wire harness is just one single plug to remove.

Master Tech
Master Tech