Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Roper washer Mod RTW4516Fw1 Won't spin or drain. Replaced…

Customer Question
Roper washer Mod RTW4516Fw1...

Roper washer Mod RTW4516Fw1 Won't spin or drain. Replaced Lid switch, started working again. Cust just called 2 days later, started doing same thing. What is the prob????

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I just gave u Mod #, Roper built? by Whirlpool, NEW abt 6 mo old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The lid switch won't stop this unit from draining and spinning, it would stop it from running at all. If it's not draining and spinning, either your drain pump is bad and working intermittently. You have a clogged drain line, or the actuator isn't shifting properly so it's refusing to drain and spin. Either way the unit is still under warranty so I'd call Whirlpool at 1.***-***-**** and they should be able to send someone out to repair it at no charge.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.