Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just ordered a door lock mechanism for my Model MHW5100DW…

Customer Question
I just ordered a...

I just ordered a door lock mechanism for my Model MHW5100DW washer. Do you have installation instructions ? It appears that the existing part has to be removed from the inside of the cabinet. Please advise. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I planned to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind the front panel to replace the door latch assembly. When re-installing the front of the gasket, the wire ring spring should be in the 6 o'clock position. It helps to start at the top and work your way down. Be sure to coat the wire ring in oil a bit so that it slides well on your fingers and is easier to put back on.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.