Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an estate by whirlpool dryer and it was working I…

I have an estate...

I have an estate by whirlpool dryer and it was working I believe a fuse has blown because I have checked to power cords and sockets they all work I'm needing to know if I should be doing more to find the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ill go grab the model number for you if I can have a sec its in the basement

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I know at this point is it wont come one and its about maybe 3 years old

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

hi are you there

Yes, I am here. Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

ill go grab it now

ok

Also, to be clear, is the dryer not running at all but you're sure it's getting 220 volts from your house?

I'm pretty sure it is getting that amount

ok. Still waiting on the model number....

I took a pick it was clear I'm getting it again sorry for the delay

ok

EE4400WQ0
is that the correct number

That is the correct model number, thank you. OK so on this model if you're getting 220 volts from your house to the dryer, it sounds like your fuse is bad or possibly the door switch since it won't run. Open the door and push on the door switch to make sure it still clicks. If not---replace the door switch. Otherwise, below is a video on how to test the fuse so you can determine if you need to replace it. The part number for the fuse is WP3392519 and you can order that on Amazon if you wanted.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you

No problem and glad I could help.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc