Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have the Whirlpool French door mount W10671505A

We have the Whirlpool...

We have the Whirlpool French door mount W10671505A refrigerator & cant get the water filter out to change it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model W10671506A. Had it for about 3-1/2 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have looked at You Tube but none look like our water filter. When turning counter clockwise, it is still in knotched groove

3/9/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the fresh food section the model /serial number is ***** the interior wall panel near the top.

And W105671506A is NOT the model number.

WRF736SDAM12

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

ok so are you able to drop the filter door down ?

And if so are you just not able to turn counter -clock wise to unlock it ?

Dropped door down, turned counter clockwise & pulled straight out. Does not move. Still in groove & blocked by extension or tooth like piece.
Can I send picture on thistle?
Can I send Picture on this site?

sue just send a photo attachment just like you would any other E-Mail

And have you tried using a pair of pliers to give added torque to get it out?

ok so the filter is unlocked after you have turned it are you pulling on it to get it out?

Or just turning it and expecting it to come out from that point.

Both me & my husband pulled as hard as we could. It’s in that groove & is stopped by that tooth like extension. We did not apply a lot of strength with pliers for fear of busting the unit

okyou will either need to use more force or call for a in home service call to have a service person remove it for you.

Ok

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech