Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an LG refrigerator, Model No. LFC 20760ST. There are…

I have an LG refrigerator...
I have an LG refrigerator, Model No. LFC 20760ST. There are no lights on inside, though it's possible one of the doors wasn't closed completely tightly all night. I disconnected the cord from the outlet, turned all the circuit breakers on and off ('cause I didn't know which one it's supposed to be) plugged something else into the same outlet, and it seems to be working fine. The cord appears to be in good condition. Any ideas on what I can do to make it work again? Thanks very much!!
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you unplugged the refrigerator for 5 minutes and that didn't reset the lights---the door wasn't left open. Unfortunately that means you have a common problem with this model and the light relay on the main control board on the back of your refrigerator has failed. The entire control board will need to be replaced so below is a link to teh part you need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Does the refrigerator still work without the lights? The reason I'd thought the door might have been a crack open is (because sometimes that happens lately) and the ice cream was melting :-)

If it's just the light relay then yes the refrigerator will continue to work without lights. If nothing is running at all and the fan back by the compressor isn't moving, then your control board has just shorted out and nothing will cool until the board is replaced.

Does the refrigerator still work without the lights? The reason I'd thought the door might have been a crack open is (because sometimes that happens lately) and the ice cream was melting :-)Got it. (This site is kind of strange. I click "send," but it looks like it's not sending. Still, you saw it. Anyway, you aren't in the 91367 area and able to fix the thing, are you?

Unfortunately I'm in Denver Colorado. I do run service calls here locally but I'm no where near you I'm afraid.

Does the refrigerator still work without the lights? The reason I'd thought the door might have been a crack open is (because sometimes that happens lately) and the ice cream was melting :-)Got it. (This site is kind of strange. I click "send," but it looks like it's not sending. Still, you saw it. Anyway, you aren't in the 91367 area and able to fix the thing, are you?k. Thanks! I've dealt with a local repair person before that was fairly horrible. Do you think I can handle this by myself even though I'm somewhat mechanically challenged?

If you're handy I definitely think you can handle this. It's all plug and play and takes me only 15 minutes to swap out. Just pull the refrigerator forward, remove the back access panel and behind it is the control board. The board is all plug and play and easy to change. Just unplug the refrigerator first.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Does the refrigerator still work without the lights? The reason I'd thought the door might have been a crack open is (because sometimes that happens lately) and the ice cream was melting :-)Got it. (This site is kind of strange. I click "send," but it looks like it's not sending. Still, you saw it. Anyway, you aren't in the 91367 area and able to fix the thing, are you?k. Thanks! I've dealt with a local repair person before that was fairly horrible. Do you think I can handle this by myself even though I'm somewhat mechanically challenged?Great! Thanks so much. I guess it can't hurt to give it a go. :-)Have a great day!!