Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My electric burners work and the bottom drawer work but the…

My electric burners work...

My electric burners work and the bottom drawer work but the electronic touch pad for oven, clock etc docent work

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Is ge profile, where can i find make and model?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im a communication electrician so i think i can handle

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

I’ll check

ok

JCB968WK5WW

OK so first, press and hold the 9 and 0 buttons together for 5 seconds to try to remove control lock in case that is engaged. If that doesn't work, the touch control panel is just acting up. Unplug the oven for 5 minutes and see if it'll reset. If that doesn't work, the entire touch control panel would need to be replaced to get those buttons to work again I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

if is the control panel what is the part number and approximate cost

Since it's a Canadian part, I can not look that up. You would have to call a local appliance parts dealer since your country does parts differently and more "in house". But typically the part is about $200-300

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc