Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer isn't at the proper temp. I can't find my owners…

The freezer isn't at...

The freezer isn't at the proper temp. I can't find my owners manual. Is there something I can do before I call a repairman?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

GE Model # GFSS6KKYCSS, i CAN'T EVEN SEE SETTINGS OTHER THAN THE PRODUCE, DELI DRAWERS.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's simple

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Are you saying the display on your control panel is blank? Or what are you seeing where the temperatures should be displayed?

I don't even see a control panel, The freezer just isn't cold

What happens when you try to adjust the temperature on the dispenser panel?

Ok, I found it on the control panel. It says the freezer is at -4 but it doesn't feel like it

OK got it. So the only semi easy thing to do is pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Then clean the coils by the fan and underneath the refrigerator. Other than that (if that doesn't resolve the issue), you'd have to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to see if the coils are lightly frosted from top to bottom and left to right to determine if you have a freon leak, a bad temperature sensor, or bad compressor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

OK, thanks I'll try that.

No problem and good luck!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc