Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My subzero 424 under counter wine cooler is not cooling.

Customer Question
My subzero 424 under...

My subzero 424 under counter wine cooler is not cooling. There is power to the unit and the fan runs but it is not cooling. I was looking for a diagnostic tree to follow.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 8 years old and it is a model 424

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its not too complicated. Im a retired firefighter and a boater so Im somewhat handy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im a super nice guy.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. Can you pull unit out to remove outer back panel?
Pull unit out and remove back cover. See if compressor and condenser fan is running.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. Back is off.
Fan is running.
Compressor - I'm not sure it's running correctly. Only a slight vibration. I unplug fan and still slight vibration. I unplug other connection and everything shut down. On startup I hear some clicks, shutters, and fan coming back on. I'm guessing that compressor should be making more noise.
Is the compressor warm?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, not in slightest
Compressor should be running if the fan is on. If compressor is not running you can try overload and relay. Part#s(###) ###-####and(###) ###-#### If compressor still does not run, compressor is bad. If compressor is running but not cooling, the compressor may be bad or you have a sealed system leak. Either way you would need a certified tech to do sealed system.
If you feel slight vibration, sounds like the compressor is running. Usually it would at least be warm if not hot.
applianceguy
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service