Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older Samsung side by side Fridge that has a

Good morning, I have...

Good morning, I have an older Samsung side by side Fridge that has a blinking line showing on the display (water side) the model #rs263tdwp. Could you help me troubleshoot this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Rs263tdwp - it's probably 7-8 years old?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can yes

I haven't received an answer yet.... have you responded?"
Answered in 1 day by:
3/10/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

I'm sorry you've had no reply yet. I'm Gavin and I'll be able to help with your error. Are you able to tell me exactly which line is blinking

Or if you could post a picture that's even better

Thank you. I will take a look now

You have a faulty sensor on the fridge side of your appliance. It's fairly straight forward to replace. Its located behind the internal panel at the back of your fridge. This sensor controls the defrost cycle and when it goes faulty can cause the whole appliance to defrost ( turning the appliance on and of every 8 hours or so normally prevents this from happening ) I'll post a link to the spare part for you on my next message

well thats good news (I think?)

It's not all that bad. A fairly easy repair and not overly expensive at $43. On your model the sensor comes complete with a heater so gets changed as one piece.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/DA47-00322B/0046/401.html

If you need anymore help with this you're welcome to click reply and ask away.

Please remember to rate my assistance by clicking a star rating for myself

Many Thanks

Gavin

Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Thank you so much! have a great day!