Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Duet Sport washer doesn't stop drain operation until it

Duet Sport washer doesn't...

Duet Sport washer doesn't stop drain operation until it times out, powers off and door lock on.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Wfw8400tw03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Door lock problem is resolved by starting spin/drain cycle then cancel shortly after it starts and power off. Unit does not get past the drain cycle. I have replaced drain motor and sensor and it runs. Only water in hose is left at end of dain cycle, but the drain cycle continues until it times out.

3/9/2018
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** the usual cause for this is suds. The problem is that the pump can not move suds and the suds is shown as water in the tub to the control. Try running a cold water cycle and no clothes or soap and then try another regular cycle with less soap and see if this corrects the problem. If it does not we can do some diagnostics

Melissa Martin
basic answer but you did not read the input..
I have run diagnostics and diag does not continue after faults but gets stuck on timed out drain operation. even emptying clean water through system as mentioned in my notes.

This is the information that I recieved : Customer: door lock problem is resolved by starting spin/drain cycle then cancel shortly after it starts and power off. Unit does not get past the drain cycle. I have replaced drain motor and sensor and it runs. Only water in hose is left at end of dain cycle, but the drain cycle continues until it times out.

With that information and no more information from you I had to start somewhere, do you need further assistance? I am here.