ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

How do you get kenmore elite chest freezer out of demo mode

Model*********** What does demo mode mean on my KENMORE ELITE FREEZER Model #25317802410? This freezer keeps going to 0 (zero) even when you set the temp to -11 (pick a number, any number) it resets to 0.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is a KENMORE ELITE FREEZER Model #25317802410 purchased 6/20/15
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a chest freezer, I have unplugged it and tried to reset it that way. I dial in the desired temp and it goes back to 0 within minutes. We have lost most of the items in there so far.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

ANSWER:

Demo Mode is a setting for the store display, It turns off cooling but leaves the lights on

Try this

Hold the SET Button and the Up Arrow for 6 secs and see if the Demo mode goes off.\

Let me know if it starts up.

Don

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Don, Thank you so much, that did it. You're genius. :-)

Great! and thanks for the compliment

If you have been satisfied with my help may I ask for a positive review for JA?

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) link on the top or bottom of your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don