Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridge thermostat terms on compressor and circ fan and

Fridge thermostat terms on...

Fridge thermostat terms on compressor and circ fan and fridge freezer cool/freeze ok but does not turn compressor off until too cold....and does not turn back on until fridge freezer are too warm so I think thermostat needs replacing but not sure

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kenmore***********2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Likely if easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You just have a sticky thermostat on your refrigerator. This tends to happen on thermostat after they get over 10 years old or so. All you need to do is order and replace the thermostat behind the refrigerator temperature dial. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. It's about $50.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
the capillary gas tube works ok but the thermostat itself sticks until there is higher or lower gas pressure to trigger it to work....is this about right
hey I was thinking is there not a thermostat for the freezer section as well

That is correct. There is a damper that opens and closes to allow less or more air into the refrigerator from the freezer section. The more open the damper is, the quicker the refrigerator gets down to temperature and thus the freezer temperature doesn't get as cold.

what is the trick to disconnect the wiring harness - I got the damper arm off easy but the wiring harness (two of them) is a pain. The main harness 6 pin looks to have a couple clips each side - is it squeeze and pull apart? the smaller harness two pin looks like it just pulls apart but its tough as hell - maybe I have to depress something. a picture would be ideal no luck on google, thanks, mark.
ok found the clips...just hidden on the back side and saw when put on my glasses lol