Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge stackable washer dryer gtup270em0ww washer will not

Ge stackable washer dryer...

Ge stackable washer dryer gtup270em0ww washer will not start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 yr old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced lid switch already so it's not that. Wash LED is the only one blinking and it won't start

3/9/2018
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am wondering if you could preform this service test and tell me the results.

WASHER FIELD SERVICE MODE VERIFY IF WASHER IS IN CRITICAL ERROR (SEE CRITICAL FAIL MODE TABLE). TO ENTER TO SERVICE MODE, ROTATE CYCLE SELECTOR TO ANY POSITION EXCEPT POSITION 6. PRESS START BUTTON AND FS BUTTON AT SAME TIME, WAIT 3 SECONDS, THEN ROTATE CYCLE SELECTOR TO POSITION 6, WAIT 3 SECONDS AND RELEASE BOTH BUTTONS AND ALL LEDS WILL BLINK. ROTATE KNOB CLOCKWISE TO VARIOUS POSITIONS PER SERVICE FUNCTION TABLE TO PERFORM FUNTIONAL CHECKS. FOR TESTS MARKED WITH IN SERVICE FUNCTION TABLE IT IS NECESSARY TO PRESS START BUTTON. WHEN A LOAD IS TESTED, IS NECESARRY TURN THE PROGRAM KNOB TO OTHER POSITION TO TURN OFF THE LOAD. TERMINATION OF SERVICE MODE CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED BY REMOVING POWER TO THE WASHER, OR REPEATING THE SAME PROCEDURE TO ENTER TO SERVICE MODE, OR WAITING 15 MINUTES.

This is a picture of the knob positions for the test

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Already did that. No problems, diagnostic and LED were all fine. When I'm on any wash mode just the wash LED is lit. When I push start nothing happens and if I hit start again the wash LED blinks and nothing happens
Please allow me sometime to research this and I will get back to you asap.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I was thinking about changing the water pressure switch. I saw that it can go bad. We have 7 kids so my wife is going crazy since the washer is down lol. Thanks for the help

Have you check the water supply? I mean turn the water off and check in the valve where the hose screws on. If debris in the water has built up it can cause the water not to come it. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did last night and removed the screens inside and cleaned them too.

ok Thank you for that. So no water comes in when you turn it on? Is that correct? Also, it the lid locking? Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Push the start once after selecting proper wash and nothing happens. If you press it a second time it then blinks. I changed the lid switch about 2 months ago and it does lock fine still

It sounds like the second press is for pause and that would cause the light to blink, do you have a multi-meter so you can check out, the water valve solenoids each on it is 11 ohms, if the water valve ohms out correctly , I really think the washer main board is shorted out. Let me know the results of the water valve test, if you need help disassembling I will assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now we are entering smart person realm. I don't have that tool. Is it something I can pick up at the store? Is this something I should call and have someone look at then?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm willing to try to fix it as we don't have a ton of money. I usually fix things out of necessity lol. You think this is something I could do?

If you are sure certain or uncomfortable in preform electrical test, the maybe you should get some one in to repair it, However, if you know how to turn the power off, and get the front panel, divider panel and the top of the washer off, then we can go forward. I will be glad to assist in away I can from this distance. I am here.

Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin