Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an Electrolux was her, and the water doesn’t drain…

We have an Electrolux was...
We have an Electrolux was her, and the water doesn’t drain from the tray we add liquid detergent.
3/9/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Is it not filling with water or not draining the water from the unit? Also is it just not draining from the detergent compartment or the whole unit?

also what is the model number of your washer? This will be located on the inside of the door area.

Washer drains fine, it’s just water still in the tiny drawer we add the liquid detergent in. Eiflw50liw1

ok ​just one moment please.

since its just water not wanting to drain out of the detergent tray more then likely its just hard water build up on the parts of the detergent tray. What you will want to do is pull the tray all the way out and take it completely apart. Then you will soak each part in vinegar and water for 20 mins. After that scrub and dry them then reassemble it. This should hopefully solve your problem. This can be a typical thing that happens and a good cleaning typically takes care of it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Just FYI, you solved the problem!

I ​am glad to hear a simple cleaning is all it took.