Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Whirlpool Quiet Partner III dishwasher model #

Our Whirlpool Quiet Partner...

Our Whirlpool Quiet Partner III dishwasher model # GU2275XTVY has stopped functioning. The bottom pan is 3/4 full of water following a rinse cycle. It will not turn on regardless of function setting. How may I troubleshoot this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased new in 2010.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends. If the fix is simple, yes. Otherwise, I'll need help.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that I know of at this time.

3/9/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is it totally dead with no lights at all?

No, function buttons including on/ off light up. Lighted on/off button was flashing when it stopped.

Are any lights on at all now?

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started

Calling now.....

See the video at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Kelly, replacing the door switch resolved the problem for 2-3 wash cycles then a different problem was revealed. This time the light indicator for “clean” stays on after opening and closing the door after drying is complete and the dishwasher will not start again. This time, the problem can be resolved by using the house electrical panel breaker to power off and the on the unit. What other part failure does this suggest?

Is the clean light flashing or staying steady?

Steady. Opening and closing the door does not switch it off like it did originally.

Does the dishwasher stop running when you open the door?

Haven’t tried that. I can’t try that out right now. It will not start in this problem mode.

Okay, will the cancel button turn the pump on or do you have to turn the breaker off?

The breaker has to be turned off.

Okay, so that is indicative of a control failure.

CLICK HERE

How likely is it that it could be just the fuse adjacent to the control board?

Not likely at all, when it fails the power is cut to the board. If you must turn the breaker off to reset the electronics, it is a problem with the control.

Thank you! That’s why I contacted you again before just ordering a fuse. Stay tuned for a report on the results in a week or so.

Sounds good, thank you.

Second thought... The cost of the part is $200 ++. The dishwasher is 8 years old? Should we be thinking about replace instead of repair. Essentially, what else do you know or think could reasonably be expected to fail on this model Whirlpool in the next 3 - 4 years?

The most common items to fail are the fuse, the control, door switch and touch panel. You may be able to find a used control on eBay or Amazon, too.

Thank you.

You are very welcome.