Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker quit making ice. JFC2089HPY. Just had RO system…

ice maker quit making...

ice maker quit making ice

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

JFC2089HPY

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just had RO system installed

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There was some ice in the shut so I melted with hair dryer. the line from the valve to the back of ice maker seems clear

If you just had an RO system installed, most likely the fill tube behind the icemaker is frozen, but you said you thawed that out so maybe not. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I pulled the ice maker out and it is dry no water. Reinstalled it and tried the jumper wire and seems dead. The jumper testing the valve from V to N seemed to have 200 ohms
But fluxuated a lot

The jumper doesn't work on this model. You must hold in the freezer door light switch to make the unit think the drawer is closed for the jumper wire to do anything. Either way, you put a jumper between T and H in order to cycle the icemaker to see if the icemaker will run through a forced cycle. At the end of the harvest it should fill up. If it cycle and doesn't fill, you put a wire between L and V not V and N.

Nonetheless, none of that is really needed if you just follow the instructions I gave you before.