Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool dishwasher currently doesn't seem to be

Customer Question
Hello, my whirlpool dishwasher...

Hello, my whirlpool dishwasher currently doesn't seem to be working. When I press the "Start" button, the dishwasher sounds like it's filling up with water. But then after about a minute, it stops and just makes this clicking noise every minute or so like it's stuck on starting the cycle. Is there an easy way to fix this or reset the system?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model # is WDF520PADW0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would estimate it is ~5-10 years old, but we are renting our apartment so not positive yes, I plan on doing the work myself if possible

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately your circulation pump is either jammed or has failed. Jamming is the most common issue so below is a link to a video that shows you how to remove the pump for replacement. Now you're not replacing the pump just yet, but you do need to remove it to look inside and make sure there isn't debris jamming the impeller which you'll need to remove.

CLICK HERE for video

Now if you find nothing inside, re-assemble the dishwasher and start a cycle. When the dishwasher should be washing you'll need a multimeter to test power between the 2 power wires going to the pump. If you have 110 volts, then replace the circulation pump. If you don't have 110 volts, you need a new main control board located inside the door in the upper right hand corner. The control board is almost never the issue so below is a link to the pump if you need it.

CLICK HERE for pump

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Sorry the pump link didn't come through so here it is again.

CLICK HERE for pump