Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a sears Elite double oven .The lower oven has a

I have a sears...

I have a sears Elite double oven .The lower oven has a ceramic disc, the size of a quarter that feel out. Is there a glue that can withstand the heat? Do I have to replace it??

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I can't at the age of 90! read numbers. It is about 5 years and is the Elite double oven.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it only requires glue then yes me or a neighbor

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it necessacery? Is there a heat resistant glue that kept in place for 5 years?

3/8/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I'm not sure what piece you're talking about that fell out without seeing it. But if you need to glue something inside the oven, the only thing I know that will stand up is JB weld which they use for car engines and such due to extreme heat.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The disc is ceramic---about the size of a quarter. It must be for a vent. Do I have to replace it. The oven is a Sears elite double oven And I have spent about 2 hours of my 90 years attempting to get answer from Kenmore. What the hell is going on??

Again, without being there to see it there is no way to say for certain whether you need it or not. But if it fell off, then I would imagine you need it so I would just use some JBWeld and put it back on.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc