Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE ref model #GTS18ICMARWW has lost the 1-9 temperature

GE ref model #GTS18ICMARWW...

GE ref model #GTS18ICMARWW has lost the 1-9 temperature display setting. How can I fix it? part number?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased 12/12/2001

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Serial #GA528421 & Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How will access the part to replace it?

3/8/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your refrigerator . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Can you tell me if the lights work in the refrigerator section?

The interior light works and the freezer temperature setting 1-9 is OK. The temperature setting for the frig went dim and weeks later went blank.

You have a tube inside the console called a light pipe. It pipes the light from the inside bulbs to the display. It likely broke or came loose inside the console. Remove the screws holding the control console in and inspect the clear plastic solid tubes that go from the lights to the knobs and you should have your resolution.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech