Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Chest temperature is 60 degrees but freezer temp is 19 What…

Customer Question
Chest temperature is 60...

Chest temperature is 60 degrees but freezer temp is 19 What do I do

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Whirpool Mod WRT519SZDWOO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is a simple fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Problem noticed this morning. Could it possible vent obstruction

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So let's start by explaining the possibilities for your symptoms. This means that you either have a defrost problem or the fan inside the freezer behind the back panel isn't running and needs to be replaced. The refrigerator cools by stealing air from the freezer section. Pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel. If the fan isn't running then replace it. If there is a lot of frost build up, then use a hair dryer to thaw it all out. You will then need to test continuity through the defrost heater and defrost thermostat. The defrost heater runs along the bottom of the silver coils and the defrost thermostat is the 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils. If either part doesn't have continuity, you need to replace it or it stops the unit from thawing on it's own. If both happen to check good, the display board at the top of your refrigerator needs to be replaced because this controls the temperature and defrost.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.