Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 1965 Maytag clothes dryer (Model DE806) that has…

Customer Question
I have a 1965...

I have a 1965 Maytag clothes dryer (Model DE806) that has developed a problem with the large button on the front that is used to select the type of drying I want to do. It makes a loud noise when it is pushed, which is how the dryer is turned on and the dryer will not start. I realize this dryer is 50 yrs. old but I do not want to replace it...it is the best. I am pretty sure I can get a replacement part ? to install. Your opinion??? And, what is the name of the part I am seeking when I go to the appliance fixit store? Thank you. *****: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have a 1965 Maytag clothes dryer (Model DE806) that has developed a problem with the large button on the front that is used to select the type of drying I want to do. It makes a loud noise when it is pushed, which is how the dryer is activated, and the dryer will not start. I am pretty sure I can get a replacement part ? to install and fix it. Your opinion??? And, what is the name of the part I am seeking when I go to the appliance fiixit store? Thank you. M. Kunz

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this point.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 5 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I am still waiting for a reply!!!
I am still waiting for your reply!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It sounds like the motor is faulty and the noise is from that. The motor is no longer available so you will have to find a used one. The company below has used motors, though!

Good Stuff

(###) ###-####/p>(###) ###-####/p>

The motor is pretty easily replaced but it does require the cabinet be removed. There are three large screws on each side to take off as well as the rear service cover.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.