Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool Duet washer GHW9300PW4...and when it got…

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool Duet washer GHW9300PW4...and when it got to the drain spin cycle, it wouldn't spin but made a humming noise....also couldn't adjust the spin time below 11 mins? wondering if it is the motor or something else?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Guess to be about 10 years old...model number is ***** above

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Did 3 wash loads with no problem and on 4th load when it got to spin cycle it hummed...

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the washer still drain out like normal even though it won't spin?

it seemed to drain
Havent tried to put it on another cycle to see if it would fill or wash?

Try to run the washer without any clothes inside. If the cycle is too unbalanced, it will refuse to spin. If it won't spin with an empty load but it does everything else, your motor control board would need to be replaced. If it spins with an empty load, the tub was just too unbalanced to spin.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I tried to initiate the spin cycle with no clothes, and it locks the door, trickles a little water in , and then hums will not spin...

OK so you'll need to remove the lower front panel (screws along the bottom below this panel) as well at the top panel (screws coming in from the back along the top) and see where the humming is coming from. Also just start a cycle and do not stop it. Eventually if there is something wrong other than the main control board, and error code will appear in the screen.

ok...I cant do this work today as I'm heading to office but sounds like motor trying but not spinning...but will do as you ask...and get back to you in a few days...

ok good luck. Also one last thing is to make sure the belt is connected on the back when you have the top panel off, and make sure you can spin the basket by hand to know it's not jammed.

ok...so I started an empty cycle (delicate wash as this was shortest cycle) and it filled with some water, then would trun about 3 times to the left, wait a few mins and turn 3 times to the right...and repeat this ..I'm assuming that's normal for a delicate wash cycle?...then when I think it was supposed to spin and drain? it didn't just hummed like the motor is trying to do somethink but it cant....with 12 mins still to go its still humming and not turning or draining...will let you know what happens in 12 mins...

OK so the problem is your washer isn't draining. That will prevent the washer from even attempting to spin. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Finally gave me an F02 error code??

yep F02 means that it's not draining so that just confirms what we already know.

ok...I'll go take the panel off and check the drain...be back to you in about 10-15 mins...

ok sounds good.

ok, pulled drain cap off and drain was plugged full of dog hair...pulled out the big pile...put it on spin cycle and off it went spinning like nobody's business.....thanx for your help..!! you have earned a 5+ rating...

awesome. I'm glad it's up and running again!