Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag washer cover wont lock. Red light keeps flashing…

My Maytag washer cover...

My Maytag washer cover wont lock. Red light keeps flashing and won't continue washing. It is a Centennial

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About three years or less

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just how do you get it to start washing. It has filled but won't go any further

3/8/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mvwc415ewd
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to pay 24 for you to call me.

Sorry, the site sends that option automatically. I do not. I am typing your answer now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven't received your answer

Sorry there is a lot of typing, it takes time to type. So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your actuator failing or possibly your drain pump being clogged up. Both the drain pump and the actuator motor are located below the tub and if you're wondering, the actuator is the part that switches the shifter next to the motor. You'll want to first check the drain pump first which is below the tub. Just remove it and if you find nothing inside, re-install and move onto the actuator. If you find debris inside the pump, remove it and try the washer again.

To access the actuator you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for part as well as video at bottom of link that shows you how to replace the part.

Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off if the lid lock light is flashing that is OK)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “b” through “g” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one full rotation and the control panel should beep.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

g. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. And all the LEDs should light up or flash if you did it correctly. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line. Just note which lights appear and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. There will be 2 sets of lights that appear and I need both sets to know what error you're getting.

Also, below is a video that might help you pull up the error code.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am printing this off so I can try doing the sequence. It will take me a while to get it all printed off.

ok... Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. ***** should want to cancel this payment, what do I do?

You would contact customer service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How?

I send it into customer service after you have rated me. There is an option for me to send your account into customer service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.

...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have it printed so i can go try the steps.

OK again... you're asking for a refund yet you still keep typing back and asking for more of my time. One or the other please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did all the sequence and all the lights came up and the Done led iluminateed. I pushed start and it began filling. I tried to go further, but it started filling and I can't go to the error .

sorry, again you've already expressed you'd like to speak to customer service for a refund. I am not giving you more of my time. You got the information you need and now you're asking for more of my time for free. This isn't a free site.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I am not asking for free time. I was going to give you a very high rating but with your last comment, I am not sure. But, of course, I will give you a high rating. Thanks for your valuable time that I paid for. Thanks

perhaps I misunderstood you but before this is what you stated : "Thank you. If I should want to cancel this payment, what do I do?" I don't see how that can be interpreted any other way.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc