Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had a flood with 6 inches of water in my basement. My

Customer Question
I had a flood...

I had a flood with 6 inches of water in my basement. My whirlpool cabrio washer was sitting in the water for several hours. Now it turns on but the sensors aren’t making noise when I change the cycles and more importantly when I click to start the machine it doesn’t start to agitate and fill with water. Do I need a new washer or can I replace a part? My husband turned the washer over and the pump on the bottom was filled with water that he vaccummed out

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s maybe 3 years old the max. It’s model whirlpool washer model wtw7300dw0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it needs to be repaired

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can it be fixed?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Ok
If you can type the reply that would be great

The motor, (rotor and stator) are very close to the floor as well as the clutch. At the very least they will need to be taken apart and cleaned. The only way to know will to remove the rotor and insect everything. I assume insurance will be involved? If so you will need an estimate and that will require an inspection. You model is the higher end model and has been very reliable but if the stator and clutch need to be replaced you will be at a little better than $100 in parts. You can add between $1100 and $150 in labor. Does this help you decide? Dave

I just saw a typo. Not $1100 (sorry) $100-150 for labor.

Dave

My husband wanted to tryo to repair it itself. If those parts need to be replaced can you provide a link where to order them?
try to
Also if we did decide to have a repair technician fix it can you provide a reliable source?

If you provide your zip code I can advise who is an authorized service company in your area. Here is a link to the stator parts at the Sears site. They can get the parts so you can pick up locally if they are close. Sears stator link Keep in mind I'm not saying you need the stator and clutch etc. Only taking the washer apart underneath will let you know. All the electrical connections need to be inspected to be sure they are not corroded. Clear water is not a problem but there might have been other things in the water.

Do you have an update? Do you still need help?

Dave

I never saw your zip code. Did you get it repaired or do you still need a referral?