Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore elite induction stove top that will not…

I have a kenmore...

I have a kenmore elite induction stove top that will not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5-6 years. Model(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am located in Nome, Alaska. 600 miles from the nearest Sears repair person. I already tried to schedule and in house an was told that is not possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It comes on, flashes some numbers and then goes off. If i try over and over to turn it on afte 20-40 tries it will finally turn on and then works fine until i turn it off. The next time it is the same story

I asked this same question in March of 2017. at this site and never got an answer. I waited for days without any reply. I hope for a better response this time
I have already tried to reset by turning off for 60 seconds and turning back on. Doesn't help
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I was told the estimate for an answer was 8 minutes. It has been 20 minutes. This is what happened last time. I never recieved and answer but you did charge my credit card. Is this a real site???? I am going to get an answer or just a bill???
Not sure what you mean. I need an answer to the above question. Of course i need more information. You didn't give me anything!
I am going to bed. I need an answer to get this stove top working.
3/8/2018
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is***** first thing you need to check it the cord and make sure it is tight. The cord can become loose from the vibrations the electricity can cause and also the heating and cooling of the circuit can also make this happen. The fact that you are say that the cook top has no power means the you are loosing power somewhere, so a loose connection at the cord is the first place to check. Make sure that the cord is secure and has not burnt or melted. Please turn the power off or unplug it before inspecting the cord and connections. Thank you. I am here to help.

I never said the stove top had no power. I am not sure where you got that. I said the display lights up. Shows code number 92 and then all the burners show 8 then the mode screen shows 88 and it goes off. After doing this numerous times 5-15 minutes it comes on and functions properly until I turn it off. Then the next time i want to use it it does the same thing.

Ok I am sorry for the misunderstanding. This is what code 92 means (92- 12V on the service section to low (2 zones induction housing). & 93- 5V overcurrent on the switched 5V on the service section (2 zones induction housing). This is the solution:

(1) Test all cables & connections on filter circuit board in the 2 zones induction housing.

1) Replace the filter circuit board in the 2 zones induction housing.

2) Replace generator circuit boards in the 2 zones induction housing.

This is what needs to be down, the cook top needs to be disconnected and remove so it can be serviced. Once you have it out you can remove the screws around the top edge under the glass top so you can access the controls underneath. The first thing to check is the ribbons and wire and make sure they are connected securely. If those are connected securely, The filter circuit board will need to be replaced if all the ribbons and wires are connected and no show and damaged. This is the part number for the filter board in zone two of the cook top###-##-####and this is the generator board in zone two part number###-##-#### I would caution you that if you have warranty you should wait and have them repair it because, warranty frowns on people trying to do the work themselves and will void your warranty quickly. If you would like the tech sheet I can send it to you but, it cost $5.00 and that is how much I purchased for. Let me know and I can send a link for a premium offer. I am sorry for the delay, unexpected situation occured yesterday and delayed my answer to you. I hope you have a great day.

Melissa Martin