Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We own a 350L Whirlpool Fridge/Freezer Model 6WMV35NW.

Customer Question
Hi Pearl,We own a...

Hi Pearl,We own a 350L Whirlpool Fridge/Freezer Model 6WMV35NW

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Fridge is 10yrs old. Model 6WMV35NW. Freezer's working fine but fridge doesn't seem as cold as it was, particularly bottom half of fridge

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not unless it's a very simple solution. We don't really have technical skill. If it means an expensive job then we're wondering if it's worth it considering age of fridge

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Freezer alarm has gone off overnight last 2 nights but I think it was because door seal was loose. I've secured it back in place but fridge still not as cold as it used to be.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your refrigerator. When you say the seal it loose what exactly do you mean? If it is not sealing to the cabinet then you can try gently heating it with a hair dryer, making sure to keep the hair dryer moving so you don't melt it. Then with a pencil or like object gentle press it back in place to the cabinet of the refrigerator. You may have to repeat the heating and pressing to adjust it several times. Until the seal stays by itself and completely cooled. If you have further question let me know I am off and on here all day. It takes time as well to scout out the answer you are looking for. Thank you.