Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just replaced the locking mechanism on my neptune front…

Customer Question
I just replaced the...

I just replaced the locking mechanism on my neptune front loading washer, it's doing the same thing saying do, on the screen,and door dosent lock

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model#MAH5500BWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Error do definitely means that the washer thinks the door lock isn't working, but if you replaced the door lock and are still getting the error, your main control board (display board) inside your control panel has failed and needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.