Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My light for the ice maker is blinking twice. I responded to…

My light for the...

My light for the ice maker is blinking twice. I responded to your first suggestion, and pressed the lever on the left like the door was closed. The light DID turn to solid. What do I need to do next?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchen Aid KSRI25 FNST00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe. I'm only "lightly" skilled. I'm not an expert "do it your-selfer".

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I do have some tools if it is an easy fix.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It sounds like your emitter boards are working since the light did turn solid when you push the flap on the left side wall. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator.

First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees.

Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water (using a turkey baster since it's tight) and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice.

If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tyler, I didn't do much other than assess the situation. Suddenly, it was making ice again. SO I didn't get to enact all your advice. Thanks for the assistance.

I'm glad it's working again one way or another but what that does tell you is that you don't have a frozen water line for sure.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc