Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

SE shows up on display; none of buttons work. It's a GE over…

Customer Question
SE shows up on...

SE shows up on display; none of buttons work

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It's a GE over the range

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Unlikely; need to find out possible problem first

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It worked fine and then the SE light showed up. I unplugged it and plugged in back it. It said press clock and set time of day but none of the buttons responded. One time it said pizza

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Microwave . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

I'm sure this is an annoying issue. An SE error means that your keypad is shorted and needs to be replaced. If you want to try and fix it yourself, I will need the model number so as to get the part number and a link for you.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Is there anything else I can answer for you about your microwave?