Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer will not heat. i have replaced the thermal fuse and…

Customer Question
My dryer will not...

My dryer will not heat. i have replaced the thermal fuse and the heating element and it still will not heat it is blowing plenty of air out of the vent. Any advise

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Wed48ooxq1 5 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What other parts could be causing this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the dryer isn't heating the first thing you'll want to do is make sure you're getting 220 volts and not just 110 volts. The dryer will run with 110 volts but it won't heat without 220 volts. If you're getting 220 volts, there are several thermostats and fuses to check. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to test all the different fuses and thermostats as well as the heater to determine which one is bad. As for testing for 220 volts, test between the 2 outside power wires at the terminal block on the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the dryer. You should have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.