Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own a front loading washer serial #W10856086B. The washer…

Customer Question
Hello I own a...

Hello I own a front loading washer serial #W10856086B. The washer stopped mid cycle and won't open. We tried unplugging it and it still won't open.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I just gave you the serial number. It is less than a year old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. When the dryer broke down after 3 months. It took your organization 2 months to replace it!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have you figured out the make and model number from the serial number

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First you'll want to unplug the washer for 5 minutes and see if it resets (in case you didn't unplug it that long). If that doesn't work, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off and then you can reach down behind the front panel to the bottom of the door latch. There is a plastic pull tab on the bottom of the latch you can pull down on to manually unlock the door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.