Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE washer-top load, the machine drains but will not…

I have a GE...

I have a GE washer-top load, the machine drains but will not spin . No lights will come on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its just a year and a couple of months old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we possible can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I can think of for now

Model No. GTW460ASJ5WW
3/7/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Will it start a wash cycle and fill and stop after draining or what exactly is happening with it?

No it will not start a wash cycle, The pump would not cut off,and would not spin. I let it pump for quite a while, So I just unplugged. I have pluged it back up several times and have moved every setting on it, No lights on. I have extra spin off,soak off. Only thing it will do is pump. I even added poured water in it to see what would happen, it just pumped the wter out

Ah, okay, and the tub is empty?

it is empty

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The control thinks there is water in the tub and is in a flood mode. If it has not reset after at least 15 minutes of being unplugged, the control is faulty. The pressure circuit is part of that control (number 35 at the link below). If just over a year old, I would call GE and see if they will concession the repair, or even just the part. If they won't you are not out anything but that board is about $150. They may be reached at 1-800-GE-CARES.

CLICK HERE

Let me know if they don't and I can get you repair information!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Called this no. must be closed for the day. Will try again tomorrow. Thank you

Try the one below....

GE Appliances Answer Center®
1-***-***-****
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–10 p.m. ET
Saturday: 8 a.m.–7 p.m. ET
Sunday: Closed