Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker not working. Samsung 25.6 CF RF261BEASER Purchased…

Ice maker not working ...

Ice maker not working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung 25.6 CF RF261BEASER Purchased 12.23.17 from Best Buy. Was orgiinally working at time of delivery. Turned water off, when turning back on water dispenser working but no ice

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Wondering if something could have frozen while water was off

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If turning the water off has anything to do with the problem, it means that the water was turned off but the icemaker was still on causing the icemaker to keep cycling. There is a fill tube above the icemaker toward the back which fills up the icemaker and the nozzle that fills up the icemaker tends to freeze. You may have to unplug the unit for 24 hours to thaw out, or unplug the refrigerator and remove the icemaker then thaw out the fill tube with a hair dryer to thaw it out quicker. Re-install the icemaker and then plug the refrigerator back in (do not plug the refrigerator in without the icemaker plugged in or you'll get an error). Either way, those are going to be your options, or you can call warranty and they will fix the issue if you just tell them the icemaker stopped working and don't say it occurred from turning the water off.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you

No problem and good luck!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc