Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an Amana refrigerator purchased May 2017, model

We have an Amana...

We have an Amana refrigerator purchased May 2017, model number W10806896A. We are unable to remove the water filter to change it. The instructions say to turn the filter counterclockwise, but it will not budge. Please help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The refrigerator is 10 months old. The model number inside is W10806896A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. We're trying to remove the water filter to change it.

3/7/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Try turning the water off to relieve the pressure and hold the dispenser open for a few seconds. Does it turn then?
  • Can you please double check that model number? The model tag is in the refrigerator, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.
The correct model number is ***** I2539ERM02. We’re turning the water off now. Will let you know in a minute...

Awesome, thank you!

We got the new filter in! However, the red change filter light was still on so we hit Filter Reset. “Cooling off” light came on. We got that turned off, but Replace Filter is back on. ??

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

OK

Press and hold FILTER RESET for 3 seconds. Does it reset?

Only hold the FILTER RESET for 3 seconds.....

That worked. I think all is well now! Thank you.

Excellent, nice work!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician