Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I take or separate my oven door to clean stains

How do I take...

How do I take or separate my oven door to clean stains between the glass.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Took me a while to find serial and model number. It's a Whirlpool model # RF 368 LXTS. It is 10 to 12 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of anything

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're trying to get between the oven door glass, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is a tiny hole that appears at the joint of the hinge which you can stick a small (short)screw through to lock the hinge out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up to the broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Still there?

Yes, did you not get my answer? Here is what I wrote.

QUOTE:

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc