Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need appliance dimensions for a 15yr + Amana Refrigerator…

Customer Question
I need appliance dimensions...

I need appliance dimensions for a 15yr + Amana Refrigerator Side by side model SXI (letter) 20JW . I am replacing and need dimensions especially height . Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 years old approx

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am replacing the refrigerator. Amana has no records -have a digital picture in their archives, no dimensions. I have an enclosed space, cabinets above so I MUST know height of current model so I can choose a fitting new refrig

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its a side by side .Height is 68 " approx. but as you know models differ by fractions of an inch so I need specific height, at least , for this model

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

You are correct Amana no longer supports that model due to it being 15 years old .

Can you not just measure the unit that you have now to find the height ./

Do you have a tape measure?

I could but may not be accurate by fraction of inch
I need official dimensions
If you cannot provide, please answer honestly -
NO NO not giving you any more money- $5.00 trial is all
Model IS SXI (letter) 20JW- Amana confirmed

All you need is to the nearest 1/8 inch !

As stated in my first post ,If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

Let me hunt around BRB

And what do you mean by (letter)?

ok all Amana has is just the use and care booklet and it does not have dimensions on the product.

Just take a tape measure and measure the unit from the floor to the top of the cabinet and then from the floor to the top of the door hinge cover and those are the only two measurements you need

Thank you, ***** ***** we were finished
I will measure my refrigerator and the enclosure in which it sits
Thanks for looking;; would have been nice to get the manufacturer’s specs but Amana seems to have buried themThank you for trying

Yes Amana is owned by Whirlpool Corp. now and after 7 years they no longer support any of their appliances .