Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It is a new washer and i am getting no water. I have water…

It is a new...

It is a new washer and i am getting no water. I have water as far as the intake.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brand new Model # maytag MDB4949SDH3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

3/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad.

The fact that it's brand new, if you're sure you're getting water I would just call warranty at 1.***-***-**** and they will repair it at no charge.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
We are done. We had a repair person come out and the electronic water valve was not working. He fixed it, we hope