Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

This for a Kenmore Refrig Pro Model 401.40483800. Freezer…

This for a Kenmore...

This for a Kenmore Refrig Pro Model 401.40483800

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

freezer works but frequently fan makes noise and refrigerator section temperature rises to approximately 59 degrees. Is this because the fan is defective? I am assuming that the fan is the evaporator fan.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Harvey Meisel

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All other electrical components such as the interior lights work. Ice cube maker works

3/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Either the fan is defective and going out, or ice/frost is building up hitting the fan if it's making a noise. You'll need to remove the back panel when it's making the noise and see if you have a frost/ice issue and if so you may need to replace a defrost sensor since it's intermittent. Otherwise if there is no frost or ice issue, replace the evaporator fan motor. That fan circulates air to the refrigerator section so if it isn't working or too much frost has built up, the unit won't circulate air to the refrigerator section properly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc