Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

No lights, buttons don't work, not tripped, last cycle was…

Customer Question
No lights, buttons don't...

No lights, buttons don't work, not tripped, last cycle was OK.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Kitchen Aid, KUDL15FXBL5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

4 Machine is 4 years old

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you want to do is make sure the dishwasher is getting power first. If so, remove the kick panel below the door and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box. Remove the cover and you can see the junction box wire connections to the dishwasher. These wires will often short out, melt, or get loose. Check all the connections and if they are faulty or burnt, cut the wires back and re-wire the junction box (with the power disconnected to the dishwasher of course). If everything checks good there are no fuses on this dishwasher--you'll need to order and replace the control panel at the top of the door. Below is a link to the control panel you'll need to order. It's about $95.

CLICK HERE for control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK

Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello - I have not had any reply yet?

You apparently didn't get my response. Here is what I wrote

QUOTE:

CLICK HERE for control panel

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a thermal fuse in this model?

There is not. Not on this model. A few years ago Kitchen Aid stopped using them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll check wiring and get back to you

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wiring was OK, I checked the fuses on control board, all OK. ( contrary to your statement that there are no fuses on this model, there are motor fuses - F8 and Tria fuse F9 on the control board.)
I removed the plugs on control board and function board and cleaned, reassembled and all is now working. Diagnostic cycles run, no errors.

The fuses have nothing to do with your problem whatsoever. They only stop the motor, not the panel from lighting up which is what your problem is. I'm glad it's working again, something was just jumbled with the board and possible shaking it around when disassembly got it working again. Hopefully the issue doesn't come back but if it does the control panel needs to be replaced as I mentioned before.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc