Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Duet dryer model ggw9250pw0. It powers on but just…

I have a Duet...

I have a Duet dryer model ggw9250pw0. It powers on but just clicks when the start button is pushed. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

New problem. Whirlpool Duet dryer model ggw9250pw0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was originalyl blowing the power breaker in my house. I opened the front and cleaned out the blower housing. Now it powers up fine but only clicks when I press the start button

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So there are a few things that can cause this issue. The first thing to check is your fuse. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat white plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this fuse to correct your problems if the fuse doesn't have continuity.

The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that a thermal fuse? I have had to replace it before but different symptoms. In the previous case the dryer ran but didn't get hot.

Yes, that is the thermal fuse. The fuse doesn't just cut out the heat on this dryer, it cuts power to the motor (which of course cuts power to the heat) but the timer will still count down and just won't run.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Very good......Thank you

No problem and let me know if you need anything else.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc