Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My handle broke --I replaced and the washer does not come on…

My handle broke --I...

My handle broke --I replaced and the washer does not come on -- no lights

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

MDB8601AWB 10042402LY MAYBE 10 YEARS -- when i put a meter on the right side of handle (white ) i get 130 vollts -- when i put meter on left side ( black ) i get 1438 volts

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is not to hard

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is wrong

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I think you're testing incorrect. There is no way to get 1438 volts.

There are 2 black wires going to the left switch and 2 white wires on the right side of the latch. Test power from one side to the other (black to white). Do you get 110 volts? Use the same black wire and test to the other white wire. You must test while the door is latched shut.

I have 4 black wires to a plug that plugs onto 2 prongs on the left side and 4 white on the right side
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The door switches would not cause there to be no lights, it would just not run. So, let's start at the wiring at the connection box below the tub in the front on the right side. If you post the model number of the meter you have, I can tell you what to set it on and how to test the power.

Waiting on Kelly’s call

Can you post the model of the meter you are using so I may prepare for the call to make the best use of the time we have? Also, if you can access the area below the door by removing the access panel.

Craftsman 82345 multimeters

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started

Calling now.....

I think I lost you. I tried calling back but it was silent....