Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LG Dryer keeps tripping breaker after working for a little…

Customer Question
LG Dryer keeps tripping...

LG Dryer keeps tripping breaker after working for a little while

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

DLE2050W maybe 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dryer seems to be fully working before tripping the breaker

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your LG dryer. What you are describing sounds like the dryer s heater is getting hot and then it sags and touches the housing and trips the breaker. Have you looked at the heater yet? I am off and on all day so please be patient I will get back with you.

Not yet, you don’t think it could be the circuit breaker getting weak? Yesterday I was able to run the dryer a full cycle without it tripping

I think the element may have not sagged as far or maybe it is sagging in a different way.

Ok thank you I look into it

Ok I am here off and on so please be patient if you need further assistance.